Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeeStG
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
DSLR shooter looking for point & shoot upgrade
10 months ago

I'm going to link to the specs of the old Sony Cybershot DSC T9 that I still own.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/sony-cyber-shot-dsc/4507-6501_7-31570876.html

I'm on the hunt for a possible pocket size camera to take along when I do not want to bring a dslr at all.  I'm used to a Canon 5D but obviously will make compromises.  Also, I really don't want to spend all that much.  Seriously, I'm looking for under $150.  If I go higher than that I'd probably just get the Canon s110 or s120 but money is a concern here.

I paid over 500 for this old Cybershot and the more I'm looking at it, this question comes up.  Is there anything out there in this budget that really is any better?  I'm trying to compare and contrast features and specs and not having much luck with it so I thought I'd throw it out to the users here.

I haven't bought a point & shoot in ages, obviously and just don't know how far the lower end of the spectrum has come since 2005.  I have an iphone 5 and while some images have actually blown me away for a smartphone, overall it's not what I want for a pocket camera.

I'm tending towards another Sony or a Canon but have an open mind.  I realize manual controls and raw shooting (my ideal) is not possible in this price range.  I would prefer wifi though and decent zoom range but image quality is my main concern.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow