Protea via Zerene stacker A7R macro

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
Re: Technically interesting, but I'm seeing something...
In reply to tex, 10 months ago

tex wrote:

Looking at the image full size (original) there are a few fibers that are "doubled" vertically. But this is not consistent across the frame---the doubled ones are on the middle right. Misalignment of the stacked frames? The dreaded shutter shock?

I am curious....

When you stack several photos of a flower with delicate hair and other parts you really have to be lucky to stitch them together. The more photos you stack the more difficult it is. I spent a couple of hours removing much of the doubling. I assume that is mostly not aligning properly. There was some wind on the day I took the photos so who knows. I haven't done any tests re the shutter shock. I also removed a few ants that were not in sharp focus. So the flower isn't perfect but it has a depth of field that isn't possible with most full frame cameras. Typically you can get about 1/3 of a flower this big in focus with each photo. When I do stacking I shoot using the peaking and go from front to back and keep adjusting the focus until I get to the back of the flower. It doesn't always work well and seldom if relying on handheld shots.

Vince

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow