Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry to say this, but
In reply to sassenach74, 6 months ago

sassenach74 wrote:

tex wrote:

you sound like one of the people that should not have gotten this camera. I knew it was slow before I purchased it. My work is set up stuff, even in the field. I have no need for quick response. While your times seem abnormally slow---suggesting something wrong at your end---nobody who paid attention to the specs would have chosen this camera as a quick response device.

Perhaps you didn't fully account for your own style of shooting?

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

Shooting style has nothing to do with how long a camera takes to start up. You knew start up could often take 10-20 seconds before you bought it? Really? Terrible response from you.

-- hide signature --

Neil.

Reminds me of the people who defended the Fuji X100 when it was launched, ignoring the fact that it was simply faulty from day 1!

As for the Sony experiences, I can only refer to the 2 times I've tried the A7 in 2 different shops, and I can confirm that neither of those took anywhere near that amount of time to start up, so something is definitely a miss there (unless this is another difference between the A7 and the A7r?)

Can't comment on the other issues. Tho these comments along with a few others do suggest a firmware makeover is required.

I still hope to buy one tho

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow