Who's a fan of the K5 Image Compare feature?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SRT201
Senior MemberPosts: 1,932
Like?
Who's a fan of the K5 Image Compare feature?
9 months ago

I really like this feature on the Kx and the K5 as it was very useful after taking a burst of shots to quickly determine which were keepers by doing a quick zoom to 8x on both shots and looking for variations in sharpness, motion blur, etc.  It was also really useful for adjusting the AF settings for a lens.  I actually used the compare feature frequently.

When I show this K5 feature to Canon or Nikon users they think it's awesome and wish they had it.

I like the K5-IIs but I can't understand by the K5 seems to be the last camera with the compare feature.  We have relatively useless stuff in the firmware like "slideshow" mode so it's hard to argue that they need to extra space in the ROM.

The only other thing I can think of is some legal issue.  Olympus had a lightbox mode for image comparison.  Could they have threatened Pentax over it?

Anybody else a fan of in-camera image compare?

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

Pentax K-5 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I amNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow