Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Briansdad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,157Gear list
Like?
Masking in PP problem
5 months ago

I often want to obscure the background of a portrait that was too sharp and or cluttered on the original. I am aware of many masking techniques available. (I use Corel Paintshop Pro X6 mostly these days which has similar options as other PP popular software.) But, with all of the the margins around hair problematic with the many individual hairs and small clusters getting drawn into the mask or background being left out of the mask. I clearly over extended the mask in to the figure in this case. But much less leaves an awkward fringe of background. The image below is not the best example overall but the hair part applies. (I could have done better in other areas e.g. the nose.) I could just claim I when for the softness effect I guess. Does anyone know techniques that would improve on results?

Curious George Is In Trouble!

Briansdad1's gear list:Briansdad1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow