Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,080Gear list
Like?
Re: A7r Annoying Me
In reply to Robert Cain, 6 months ago

Robert Cain wrote:

Hi All

I have started a Local Project On the Gt West Road The Golden Mile.

Its a Famous UK road for industry Etc.

Six mile walk up then six mile walk back.

These are a few issues with A7r which are beginning to annoy me.

Start the camera up when I begin walk takes 15/20 seconds to start up ready for shooting.

Leave the camera switched on all the time carry 2 spare Sony batteries.

Happy taking shots when camera will shut down VF and screen just go black have to switch off and then back on to use again.

Sometimes camera will just not focus I can see image through VF and screen but will just not focus.

Turn Off back on OK.

Use single shot and focus point on center of screen only using 55mm f1.8FE.

Another annoying trick camera has,camera left on all the time no sleeping to save battery life. lift camera up to take shot screen on but no info have to wait 5/10 seconds for info appear to shoot.

When Finished shooting turn camera off and camera sounds like its taking 2 shots.

Have tried several SD cards and the 3 batteries.

Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers

Rob

PS a few shots from the project at the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jojorob2009/sets/72157641402104344/

Still Breathing

Function as design?

To me, the A7R has a relatively not strong processing engine. Turn off those functions you don't need. E.g. on top of my head, pre-focus, zebra, auto-review image, etc, . . . Since we can't change the camera, we have to change/optimize the way we use it. The image files are great though, DR is pants up, . . . Need time to understand and love it, much more than a new gf (or new bf) for that matter.

Steven

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow