Post Processing ,,,,,,SX50 etal

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
MurryG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,673Gear list
Like?
Re: Post Processing ,,,,,,SX50 etal
In reply to dicklaxt, 8 months ago

Dick,

I'm an old timer and started with film rangefinder and SLR cameras (even a 2 1/4 Rollieflex twin lens reflex) and developed and enlarged prints in smelly temporary bathroom darkrooms.  What a mess and chore that was so when digital cameras came along I jumped on board to simplify my life and leave the chemicals and film expense behind and then used DSLRs for the past twelve or so years.  Finally I got so old and tired of lugging all the heavy gear around I sold it and bought the SX50 and really simplified my photo-life.  Of course I've always used Photoshop from the beginning and upgraded every other year through CS5 when Adobe priced me out of their market.  I've always shot film or RAW and always considered post processing as part of the photographic cycle.  Presently I convert RAW with Canon's DPP and processing in PSCS5 which does everything I need in post.  So unless the SX50 craps out I'm set for the rest of my photographic life--will be 77 this year.  You probably can guess that I don't have a smart phone (just a brick for emergencies) or tablet, etc. just a clunky old PC with Windows XP.  I did recently add a laptop with with WIN7 because Microsoft is dropping support for XP this April but still use the PC for post processing.

Murry

-- hide signature --
 MurryG's gear list:MurryG's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow