Just got the zeiss 24-70mm for my a7r

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,787Gear list
Like?
Actually, the first image is the perfect shot for evaluating the lens...
In reply to Fredy Ross, 6 months ago

Fredy Ross wrote:

24mm without nd filter

I stuck it outside my balcony in P mode and auto ISO,so not that interesting but tooke at 24mm 70mm and a panorama so hope you can evaluate the lens as I don't know how to

..for general landscape. IMO of course.

i.e. every corner (literally) of the image is at infinity for 24mm. A natural flat wall.

Thank you for the post.

and it looks fine to me.

The right/left edges and corners are considerably softer than the center and this with a big stop down. Now that I am thinking about it, I didn't check for decentering but I am in the middle of my composition so I'll check after I post.

Had to use jpeg mode in Picasa as the raw doesn't include this camera. Thoughts most welcome.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Various RAW comparisons at Link. Includes 5D3 vs D800E, 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow