Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Budd
Contributing MemberPosts: 854Gear list
Like?
FLU Card
5 months ago

For those of you who have got one of these please post your findings.

Mine arrived at 7am today

First impressions are not good. There is Just a Service Document and a Setup guide (User Manual ) It just tells you how to connect to a browser. This is fairly easy to do but once done there is no explanation of all the screen displays on the browser. OK most are self explanatory but some are not. The setup ( User guide says refer to the User Manual !! ) which can be downloaded here :-

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/download_manual.html

I cannot see any flu card manual here. The K3 Manual says refer to Flu Card User manual ) . Anyone else found it ?

Operation wise is works. However it is DEFINATELY NOT TETHERING. Once enabled you cannot see anything through the Viewfinder or from the rear screen. You can only see via the browser. This makes it completely useless for me in a studio shoot.

Admittedly I have only had an hour or so to play with this but not impressed so far. More testing is needed.

Peter
GMT

Peter Budd's gear list:Peter Budd's gear list
Nikon D700 Pentax K-3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow