Mamiya/Sekor AUTO 55mm 1.4 - Is this one rare?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigTank
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Mamiya/Sekor AUTO 55mm 1.4 - Is this one rare?
8 months ago

Hello, My name is Chris and this is my first post haha.

I am an avid -non- pro photographer, i have the knowledge but not the equipment

I have recently picked up some Mamiya/Sekor equipment from an estate sale. A complete kit including:

Mamiya/Sekor 1000DTL camera with (what appears to be) the original leather belt clip/holster.

Mamiya/Sekor AUTO 135mm f2.8 No. K71873

Mamiya/Sekor AUTO 55mm f1.4 No. 104916

(no lens covers for either lens)

The owner sold me all the pieces for $50.

I was wondering, given the condition, what are the vale of these items? Rough idea?

The camera works fine, but needs a bit of a clean, the pentaprism is dirty, and it has been written on the back of the body with a white marker, possibly a invintory number... All mechanics (mirror, meter, etc) work fine.

The 135 is fine, small scratch on barrel, and the focus ring is loose (missing screw) but does not come off and still works. I can probably find one of these tiny screws somewhere...

The 55 is in great condition (needs a bit of a clean)

, except that the aperture is slow when focused all they way in. (takes 7-10 seconds to close) but when focused out, to infinity, it's snappy. Which leads me to believe the lubricant is gummed (it is old haha)

But the reason i came here, is because i was wondering if the version of the 55 i have is rare? Or even when it was made? I have read that different versions of the 55 (specifically the focus ring) are troublesome with modern adapters. I have a Canon 60d and would like to use it on that, but i am unsure. So, to end my rambling, can any vintage pros help me with some info? Thanks for reading!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow