Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CrabbyGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Thinking about selling Nikon system for Fujifilm X-E2 system
2 months ago

I have a couple of Nikon bodies, including a D300, two Nikon flashes, and roughly 10 of their lenses, including two macros.  More than any of the lenses, I use their 16-85mm as 16mm on Nikon's APS-C sensor is equivalent to 24mm on full-frame, much better than the 18mm almost all other mid-range zooms for Nikons start at.  I have used Nikon since I sold off my Leica CL and three lenses about 20 years ago.

My motivation is primarily that I want to reduce weight and bulk as I turn 68 this year and I am doing nearly 50% travel photography overseas and 25% outdoor photography.  Also, I have given up on Nikon updating the Pro-DX D300 and I will need to get accustomed to any other DX-format DSLR I buy from them.

I make 13" X 19" prints of my best shots, with minimal cropping.  Will there be any problem doing so with the X-E2?  (The 12.2MP sensor of the D300 is OK for prints but more resolution would help.)

Can I please get your opinion on how happy I will be with the X-E2 and its available lenses?  Also, Is there a way to get something as long as 500mm full-frame equivalent to fit this camera? Finally, can anyone tell me the reliability of Fujifilm's cameras?

Thanks for your help.

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow