Diffraction Limit Discussion Continuation

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
cmpatti
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
Yikes!
In reply to Jonny Boyd, 8 months ago

Jonny Boyd wrote:

I get the impression that some people see the words 'diffraction' and 'limit(ed)' in close proximity and freak out without reading what I've written.

I think you've put your finger on it. It seems that a number of your interlocutors have become so invested in (correctly) debunking claims that peak resolution depends on sensor resolution or that lower sensor resolution can combat the effects of diffraction that they can't admit that sensor resolution can have any impact on our ability to perceive the effects of diffraction in actual photographs. If I understand you, you're saying merely that higher resolution sensors will enable us to see more subtle diffraction effects than lower resolution sensors will; a suggestion which I wouldn't have thought to be controversial.

cmpatti's gear list:cmpatti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow