Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
evancj
Senior MemberPosts: 2,191
Like?
A Sunday hike in the foothills with my SX50
9 months ago

I went on a hike up in the foothills near my home yesterday. Originally I only planed on taking a short hike in a riparian area along a creek. But ended up going on a moose chase up the side of a mountain.

After seeing Andres truly amazing landscape I thought twice about posting mine. But what the hell, here they are anyway.

Looking down East canyon.

The ice is slowly melting on Dell reservoir in the unusual near 60 degree temps.

A view of the Wasatch mountains near Park City.

The moose chase is on. I spotted 2 moose up on the mountain, and decided to see if I could get close enough to get some shots of them. This shot was taken on my way up.

A moose and magpie.

Cow and calf. The calf is behind some brush bottom left.

Bonus moose. On the way down I spotted this bull bedded down. You can see that he has just shed his antlers (the white spot above his eye and below his ear). He was so comfortable that he didn't bother getting up, and I didn't push the issue. You know what they say; "let sleeping moose lay".

I hung around and waited for this sunset shot before going down the rest of the way.

Thanks for looking.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow