Problem with getting the 17mm/1.8 for my EM10.....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,803Gear list
Like?
Problem with getting the 17mm/1.8 for my EM10.....
7 months ago

is that now I see the potential for the camera with a better lens. I got the EM10 about 2 1/2 weeks ago and the only m4/3 lenses I had were the 14-42IIR, the 40-150 and the Panasonic 14mm/2.5. And I was very impressed with the resulting images.

Today I picked up a refurbished Olympus 17mm/1.8 (will probably sell the Pana 14mm) and did some test shooting in and around the house and off our deck. I must say that I was very impressed with what detail the EM10 could produce using a better lens.

Unfortunately now my GAS for the 12-40 is getting so bad that I might burst. (Or at least my credit card will - which, considering that we just posted a number of charges for a long weekend to Memphis/Nashville in April with our children for my wife's 60th and a two week trip to Israel/Jordan in the fall for our 40th anniversary - will probably result in my immediate death if my wifey sees THAT charge!!!)

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow