Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,174Gear list
Like?
views on the 55-200 please
7 months ago

I was out walking along the cliffs today with my xpro 1 + 14+35 images from them were as usual superb.

To stay light I just threw my knock about Nikon D3100 +18-200 zoom on the other shoulder because I know the area and a long lens is needed at times. don`t get me wrong, the Nikon zoom for the money and as a stay in the car lens does the job but when I look at the images taken in the same light on the same day the images are chalk and cheese.

I could carry my 5D3 +70-300 which is a decent lens but then as far as weight goes the tale wags the dog and out weighs the nice light xpro1.

I`m not really in the market for another longish zoom but the 55-200 fuji would complete a one camera light walk a bout.

I have the 18-55Fuji but as good as it is it aint like the primes obviously. Probably answering my own question here but what do 55-200 users think in real honesty regarding the IQ, weight and ergonomics.

Thanks

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow