Tried to buy local, no sale.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
murfthesurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank God I live in Portland. Feel sorry for all you saps who don't.
In reply to FrankParis, 6 months ago

FrankParis wrote:

murfthesurf wrote:

As I said, Portland is a nice city. I just couldn't take the constant drizzle 9 months out of the year. I know that was Seattle, but isn't Portland's weather very similar? I know the annual precipitation is about the same.

No, actually it's not. Portland only gets about 35" a year, but it is pretty evenly spread out over nine months, although January is usually pretty dry -- and cold for the Pacific Northwest. The summers are absolutely magnificent, however. Humidity quote low -- although it can't compete with Denver, but it beats the pants off of anything east of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, usually the summer does have a couple days over 100 degrees F., but then the humidity is also less than 20%, dangerously low for the temperature.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

Yeah, I agree the summers in that region are beautiful.  The price you pay for all that wetness sure does payoff in July and August.  I have many fond memories of hanging out at Lake Washington in the summer.  Especially watching the Hydro races during Seafair.

And for the record, the data I was looking at shows Portland's annual precip at 36.5" and Seattle's at 37.2", but the mean temp in the summer months is about 1-3 degrees warmer in Portland.

-- hide signature --

- Murf

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow