Tried to buy local, no sale.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank God I live in Portland. Feel sorry for all you saps who don't.
In reply to murfthesurf, 5 months ago

murfthesurf wrote:

As I said, Portland is a nice city. I just couldn't take the constant drizzle 9 months out of the year. I know that was Seattle, but isn't Portland's weather very similar? I know the annual precipitation is about the same.

No, actually it's not. Portland only gets about 35" a year, but it is pretty evenly spread out over nine months, although January is usually pretty dry -- and cold for the Pacific Northwest. The summers are absolutely magnificent, however. Humidity quote low -- although it can't compete with Denver, but it beats the pants off of anything east of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, usually the summer does have a couple days over 100 degrees F., but then the humidity is also less than 20%, dangerously low for the temperature.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow