Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Sirandar
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Re: Adobe Elements 9 to Lightroom 5.3 ===> My experience
In reply to Sirandar, 5 months ago

From the OP

Tried another experiment with LR 5.3

Wiped my laptop of pictures and did a export of my entire picture library on my PC to a external hard drive connected with an eSATA cable.

Lightroom exported 22000 files to the drive into a single directory with no issues whatsoever (with full metedata). The jpgs were resized to 1900pix on the long edge and 75% quality

I then adjusted the permissions for the directory in Window 7  (you need to do this with ESATA)

I then imported the entire library into a fresh catalog into my laptop with setting to copy and set up a new directory structure by date.

My laptop did this with absolutely no issues whatsoever and when I checked the new catalog there were no conflicts, tag problems or troubles building the preview cache. Now my pic are a nice size and quaility for my laptop and I now have lots more room on my drive

When I tried this with Elements there was always some mayhem and in the end I limped though the process and suffered and then just added photos to the laptop as I processed them .... a major pain. I never did get any kind of conversion to work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow