What is the longest lens you shoot handheld video with?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fygaren
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
What is the longest lens you shoot handheld video with?
6 months ago

I used to have the Voightlander 17.5 for indoor-no-flash shots and video. Some of the videos of the kids at 0.95 came out so wonderful and dreamy I wanted more and bought the Voightlander 25mm.

I was not completely convinced with the 25 as the IBIS was chasing after my movement in short boosts of movement. In time I have learned to move the camera more steady and find that setting the focal lenght to 16-18mm makes the videos very smooth. I have now sold my 17.5

I have shoot some video with the 45mm, but I cant set the focal lenght on it and it chases my movements alot unless I stand completely still.

I was wondering if any of you shoot handheld beond 25mm. What lens do you use, and what focal lenght do you set the lens to when shoting video? Or do you have the technique that makes something like the 45 with IBIS-focal lenght at 45 acceptable?

Thank you for your feedback

Fygaren's gear list:Fygaren's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow