Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 18,151Gear list
Like?
Outstanding!!!
Feb 24, 2014

I absolutely love the sharpness, contrast, color and the bokeh of this lens. It is the perfect range for my NEX-6 not just for travel but portraiture. I spent a lot of time in the long end and it is like getting a prime lens 70mm @ f/4. The most surprising aspect of this lens is the bokeh. Even though it is not a super fast lens, @f/4 it can separate the subject from the background with a tiny bit of 3-D effect. I also shoot with a Canon DSLR system (own the 5DMKIII, 7D and 1DMKIII) and L-lenses like the 24-105/4 L IS. From my observations the Zeiss matches the L pretty well but I think the former has a slight edge in bokeh.

Here are my favourite shots from this lens so far:

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EOS 5DS +11 more
José B's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow