Pentax interview pretty clear about FF inevitability....

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
petreluk
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
Re: Pentax interview pretty clear about FF inevitability....
In reply to miles green, 8 months ago

miles green wrote:

petreluk wrote:

Cigarguy wrote:

petreluk wrote:

Not really an interview to set the blood on fire.

And that's a good thing. Better to promise little and deliver lots than promise lots and deliver little.

Still better: don't give an interview at all unless you are willing to sound open, enthusiastic and interested in photography and your customers rather than giving a passable impression of someone emerging from a general anaesthetic.

It is my understanding that the apathetic "matter of fact" stance at the interview is just proper Japanese business etiquette.

Yes, you could be quite right though I don't know. Perhaps I was a little hard on them. But they are giving an interview to a Western publication and recent interviews on DPR with other camera companies show that they know how to do it right for a Western audience and find the right people to do it, too. One doesn't want hot air and BS but one does want a little pezzazz and enthusiasm, a sense that this is an outfit worth watching (and investing in). The somewhat diffident response to wifi was particularly unfortunate. Here was a chance to talk up the Flucard which is out this very day, effectively, and show that Pentax is on the ball with mobile and apps. Put in a little spin to justify the cost of the card (£99 here, or US $164, a heck of a price really). Instead they more or less said wifi was someone else's problem and anyway they weren't very interested. Tsk tsk.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow