Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
22codfish
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
Problem with White Birds and Snow
6 months ago

I have a serious problem to photograph white birds with my Pentax K5.  Also, in other white conditions, such as with background snow or surf.  I have difficulty seeing details on the LCD screen and have to wait to review results on the home computer.  I recently took a lot of white egret photos and almost all the white detail was completely blown away.  I deleted all of my photos of flying white blobs; but with nice green and brown backgrounds.  The best of the others is below.    For most of all my outdoor photos, using FastStone, I have to change lighting by downing the highlights and slightly increasing contrast and colour to achieve to what I think is a natural looking photo.I suspect using the automatic white balance is part of my problem, though is wasn't such an irritating problem with previous gear.  How should I better set up the K5 for outdoor photos?  Please, any suggestions?

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +4 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow