Possible bad news for Rangefinger fans.......

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
you can either have a good EVF or rangefinder form
In reply to Raw Jaw, 10 months ago

not both. That is, an EVF with a good maginification factor. A good EVF needs some serious glass inside and that means, there will be an EVF "hump" in the camera. Take a look at recent cameras with a really good EVF: Fuji X-T1, Sony A7, Olympus E-M1. All come with a hump.

Like this: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/02/16/cp-2014-fujifilm-stand-report/7

That makes it impractical for a rangefinder style camera to have such and EVF. The hump on the left side of the camera might look a bit silly. Either that, or the camera would have to be made larger in height or width to accomodate the big EVF.

Personally, I like rangefinder style of cameras as much as I do cameras with the traditional hump, but as I rather take a huge and clear EVF on my cameras, I don't see what the actual fuss is about the rangefinder form. Another thing: I don't think I've ever seen a rangefinder style camera with a fully articulated LCD. I would never give away my NX20's fully articulated LCD for a rangefinder form with a tilt-only LCD.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow