Any recommendations for a London based camera repairer?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spanky Deluxe
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Any recommendations for a London based camera repairer?
9 months ago

Hi all, long time reader, new poster here!

The viewfinder of my D3200 recently got stuck out of focus (changing diopter did nothing) which has been a real pain. Remembering that Nikons have a 2 year warranty, I sent it off a couple of weeks ago to Nikon to repair only to find out that the 2nd year is basically false advertising - you only get it if you subscribe within 30 days to a newsletter. Learnt my lesson - probably won't buy a Nikon again after this but hey ho.

Nikon have sent the repair estimate and it's come in at £165.76 which seems crazing for a camera that only cost about three times that three years ago. The parts they say required are:

1F999-097 Prism Box Unit
1F999-381 Rear Cover Unit
1K685-029 TFT Monitor Cover

Does anyone have any recommendations for a London based camera repairer that can fix Nikon cameras? Preferably in South-East London? If not, is this the kind of thing that I might be able to fix myself? I've taken apart and fixed loads of laptops etc so I'm not that afraid of giving it a go but if it is possible to do myself, are there any guides out there or sources for parts?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow