Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vaccam
Forum MemberPosts: 99Gear list
Like?
CC and Photoshop/Lightroom question
2 months ago

Just recently purchased a D800 and a few lenses (not the Tamron used here), upgraded from a D7000. I am new to BIF, as well. Loving the camera so far.

I would like some CC on this photo, more for my education than thinking this is a great photo. This was taken at ISO 800, f5.6, and 1/1250, handheld and panning. It does not seem that sharp to me and has more noise than I would think at ISO 800. I used my Tamron 70-300 VC with VC turned on. I've read that over 1/500 it might be better to turn VC off, would that have helped any? I did not do any sharpening or NR in PP yet, I did increase saturation. I use Lightroom 5.3 for PP. You should be able to download the photo.

The photoshop/lightroom question has to do with the blue cast on the feathers and the ice (top and bottom). The picture does not look this way in Lightroom or when opened up in Photoshop. When saving the JPEG in photoshop I am using Quality 10 Maximum and Large file. I have tried both Baseline Standard and Baseline Optimized with the same result.

Any thoughts on composition or subject would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for any info.

Michael

Vaccam's gear list:Vaccam's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow