Pana 20/1.7 (version II) vs Oly 17/1.8?? Need help deciding.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,168Gear list
Like?
Slow and noisy as to what?
In reply to agentul, 8 months ago

agentul wrote:

kenw wrote:

To me the 20 is a great optical lens and good pancake form factor ruined by an awful AF implementation. Why they didn't fix the AF with version II is beyond me.

because how else could they convince me to buy the more expensive 25mm lens? the slower noisier AF is one of the reasons I went with the Leica. the other is low light performance (f1.4 vs f1.7). i would have probably liked the 20mm FOV, but not at the expense of slow AF and geat noise.

What do mean slow? noise? How slow is the focusing compared to a "kit"lens"? Is it noticeable? And the noise? Is it coming from the focusing mechanism? I ask since I'm interested in this lens for my GM1.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow