I own an E-M1 and an X-T1. I'll probably sell the E-M1, but it's not a clear choice.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
.Sam.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,056Gear list
Like?
Fuji lens prices and quality
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 8 months ago
  • Fuji 14/2.8 ($700), is wider and has much better IQ than Oly 12
  • Fuji 23/1.4 ($750), is much brighter and has better IQ than any 17mm m4/3 lens
  • Fuji 35/1.4 ($450), is brighter than oly25, pany25, and IQ is as good if not better
  • Fuji 27/2.8 ($200), is very similar in size and IQ to Pany20
  • Fuji 55-200 3.5/4.8 IS ($500) we don't have anything in this range to match the IQ and price

ONE BIG DIFFERENCE: all of the Fuji lenses are MUCH bigger than the m4/3 equivalent.

IMO, with the current sale prices on lenses, Fuji has an advantage in price arguments. An EM1 kit with 3-4 good lenses, and XT1 kit with 3-4 good lenses are VERY similar in price.

Overall IQ advantage will go to the Fuji due to the sensor size.

HOWEVER... we've seen review after review of EM1, and they ALL praise the number of KEEPER images the EM1 produces. And, nothing comes close to it's Build-In-IS.

I imagine, if you're not a pro, either of these cameras would do well for almost every photographer out there.

As for me, I'd like to keep them small. Can't wait for the new Sigma Quattro to hit the market... so that I can buy a DP2 Merrill at a bargain price

p.s.
the Raw/JPG argument was amusing. Just ask any pro wedding/event photographer which one they prefer

-- hide signature --

.Sam.
GF1+20+45 Sigma DP2 & Pentax K20D - ist* DS - ZX-5 - LX
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/shadzee/

.Sam.'s gear list:.Sam.'s gear list
Sigma DP2 Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow