What is this forum for?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,981Gear list
Like?
Useful when it's need
In reply to rhlpetrus, 9 months ago

I certainly have "donated" my fair share of ideas, aggressive opinions, photos and all the rest to DPreview. It's a very tough group, but the reality is obvious.

I posted, just two days ago, a question on shooting flat art. I have a job next week shooting an entire oil painting collection for a NY gallery and was wondering if I should pick up another lens for the job. Right away I got GOOD intelligent ideas and suggestions. And, while I was leaning in that direction already, it solidified my buying a 60mm AF-D to use along with my new Tamron 90 VC.

So in spite of driving people a bit nutty, the group is ALWAYS helpful to me and I'm glad to be a part of it.

At the same time I think ALL of the previous comments are correct. Some people post here to vent. Some post out of economic frustration. And others post just to get a group of hamsters on the wheel. Sometimes (I admit) I even enjoy being on that wheel myself.

But in the end, if you have a problem, question or want some feedback (no matter how basic), you'll likely get what you need fast. Now you may get a bit of salt tossed in your eyes along with it, but so what?

Even with the drama, these forums are very useful.

Cheers,

Robert....yeah, THAT guy.

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow