Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ijm5012
Contributing MemberPosts: 631Gear list
Like?
My Olympus Trio Completed
10 months ago

So this weekend I received the final lens to complete my "trifecta". I got an Olympus 12mm in black (really can't stand the way a bright, silver lens looks on an all black body) on Saturday, and fortunately the weather cooperated enough to let me get out and go for a walk through a local neighborhood. I brought the three lenses with me, but took most of the shots with the 12mm and 25mm. I'm very glad that I purchased the 12mm. It's a fantastic lens, and I really like the 24mm perspective.

Previously I had the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, but It's a very "difficult" lens to use. For me, the focus ring was very narrow, stiff, and too close to the body to easily be reach and operated with my finger tip. The Olympus lenses as a much wider and better damped focus ring that makes the lens much easier to use. Also, 14mm FOV was a bit too tight for me, and f/2.5 wasn't all that bright compared to the f/3.5 of my 14-140 II which also has OIS. The f/2.0 helps a lot when shooting indoors.

I'm really looking forward to shooting with my new lenses this coming summer.

Black Olympus 12, 25, and 45mm lenses

ijm5012's gear list:ijm5012's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow