I own an E-M1 and an X-T1. I'll probably sell the E-M1, but it's not a clear choice.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Richie S
Regular MemberPosts: 496
Like?
Re: I own an E-M1 and an X-T1. I'll probably sell the E-M1, but it's not a clear choice.
In reply to Godfrey, 9 months ago

It's also a question of workflow. I know people like to say they are printing to wall-size all the time and so need the ultimate ultimate quality, but for me the majority of what I do now, it goes from the camera, to social media or photo site, with little interaction in between.  A lot go fromt he camera to the ipad and up.

That's the way things are going, and it kinda makes it more fun in a lot of ways. thais and the fact that I'm no longer likely to have time, certainly for a few years, to haul a tripod and some chunky lenses into the wilderness led to me selling of the big Canon 5DIII and the Ls.

I can see an argument as to whether you may need to go back to DSLR for sports, or birding, of ultimate landscape quality, but to change systems for a minuscule difference in IQ seems as much about gear lust as anything else.

But playing with new gear is a fun art of the hobby too, so I won't criticize anyone for that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow