Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,663Gear list
Like?
Take Heart Sports Shooters and Birders
10 months ago

If my quick tests this afternoon with the X-T1 is any indication, you will have NO problem shooting and tracking all manner of sports as well as birds. I was using the center point and on high speed shooting tracking the subjects in the center focus point (which was not problem with cars speeding by at 55mph, runners as well. These subjects were both coming at me, going away from me and also going across the road that is at the back of my home. Try as I did there was NO way I was able to capture these subject types with a Olympus EM1. It was just one of the several things that frustrated me about that camera. I had a Nikon D700 and D7000 and also tested a Canon 6D ALL of which did as this X-T1 did, nailed it each and every high speed frame. No chance on the EM1 and EM5 I had. Just wanted to share this with naysayers out there that don't think you can use the X-T1 for sports...........FOOEY you better believe you CAN. I was using a 55-200 by the way

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow