Adobe Elements 9 to Lightroom 5.3 ===> My experience

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sirandar
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Re: Adobe Elements 9 to Lightroom 5.3 ===> My experience
In reply to Sirandar, 7 months ago

From the OP

No transition ever goes smoothly I guess and I did have a number of issues when I actually got down to doing PP work.

1) When you convert a Photoshop Elements Catalog to Lightroom 5.3 the Standard Previews and 1:1 Previews get messed up really bad.  When you try to do a complete build of these previews, Lightroom gets stuck and even caused a bluescreen (I haven't seen a bluescreen in years) ..... the good news is the fix is easy ..... just delete the previews directory after every thing is imported and stable and then do a preview build and I had no problems.

2) The other issue was stranger and caused me more grief.  I started processing jpgs and I noticed they looked washed out and ugly in Lightroom despite looking great on the camera and in Elements.  I forgot Elements sets its own colourspace and doesn't use the Windows one.  It stumped me for quite a while as i thought LR would never rely on the Windows colourspace.

A quick visit to Windows 7 colour management identified the problem .... Win7 was using some Samsung preset from I don't know where.

The only other thing that seems bizarre is that a simple cut and paste of LR settings from 1 picture copes well to another single picture, but not a group of pictures.  I could make a preset i guess but I often don't need to ...... why doesn't this work?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow