Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wes mallard
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
How about some faster olympus primes?
10 months ago

I've been noticing how Fuji has been developing some really fast lenses. The new F1.2 portraiture lens is really enticing. The olympus 1.8 primes are nice, but I find that in indoor lighting f1.8 and 200-400 iso will not get me the faster shutter speeds that I would like to capture pics of fast moving kids.

The panasonic 25 f1.4 is good, but the focal length is not the preferred length for my type of shooting. I really like the 45 f1.8 but faster would be better.

I have the 12-40 f2.8 lens and I like the flexibility of the focal lengths, but F2.8 is just not fast enough. If fuji can produce a 56mm f1.2 and sell it for a $1000 it would seem technically feasible for olympus to produce a comparably performing lens at such a price point? Would you guys buy such a lens?

I recently bought a nikon 1 v1 and 32mm f1.2 to help with my low light captures. This is a really nice combination, but I sorely miss image stabilization. For a $900 lens that has roughly a 85mm ff focal length I would think that VR would be included. The lack of stabilisation has me looking at other options. Hence the interest in Fuji's new X-T1 and 56mm F1.2 although this lens lacks stabilization also. Such a lens for the micro four thirds platform would be awesome since the stabilization is in the olympus body.

Just wishing out loud,

Wes

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow