Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wes mallard
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
How about some faster olympus primes?
7 months ago

I've been noticing how Fuji has been developing some really fast lenses. The new F1.2 portraiture lens is really enticing. The olympus 1.8 primes are nice, but I find that in indoor lighting f1.8 and 200-400 iso will not get me the faster shutter speeds that I would like to capture pics of fast moving kids.

The panasonic 25 f1.4 is good, but the focal length is not the preferred length for my type of shooting. I really like the 45 f1.8 but faster would be better.

I have the 12-40 f2.8 lens and I like the flexibility of the focal lengths, but F2.8 is just not fast enough. If fuji can produce a 56mm f1.2 and sell it for a $1000 it would seem technically feasible for olympus to produce a comparably performing lens at such a price point? Would you guys buy such a lens?

I recently bought a nikon 1 v1 and 32mm f1.2 to help with my low light captures. This is a really nice combination, but I sorely miss image stabilization. For a $900 lens that has roughly a 85mm ff focal length I would think that VR would be included. The lack of stabilisation has me looking at other options. Hence the interest in Fuji's new X-T1 and 56mm F1.2 although this lens lacks stabilization also. Such a lens for the micro four thirds platform would be awesome since the stabilization is in the olympus body.

Just wishing out loud,

Wes

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow