Tried to buy local, no sale.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried to buy local, no sale.
In reply to SirSeth, 9 months ago

Impulses wrote:

Plus who says you can't get excellent service online? Sure, there's no salesman to ask questions, but sites like Amazon and B&H now let you ask questions of previous owners or site curators... Plus I've gotten EXCELLENT service from both stores when handing returns, price adjustments, etc.

I'd probably try and support a local shop (if one existed around here) but it's pretty hard in this day and age to have semi competitive prices AND hire competent staff while trying to compete with online stores, it's not their fault, in most markets outside of a few big urban centers it's hopeless because you won't even have the clientele to make it work.

I'm just considering renting a lens or two the next time I'm agonizing over a decision, it's not that expensive if you're weighing expensive lenses... Others might abuse online return policies but that kinda hurts everyone in the long run.

You can get amazing service online. I recently had a long chat session with a rep from Crutchfield about audio options--and though their prices are a little more than some other retailers--they do have excellent service and follow through support for DIY installers.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

That's another excellent online shop with great support, and they even carry some camera gear... I've ordered from them in the past because of the free shipping to Puerto Rico, in many cases it makes up for their higher prices compared to other shops that will charge me $40-80 to ship a pair of speakers or a 20lb AVR. I'm not sure I'd shop there as much if I lived stateside, but I'd probably go to them for more DIY stuff as you said... They're great about helping with car audio installations and such.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow