I own an E-M1 and an X-T1. I'll probably sell the E-M1, but it's not a clear choice.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
Re: I own an E-M1 and an X-T1. I'll probably sell the E-M1, but it's not a clear choice.
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 10 months ago

Bottom line?

E-M1: Faster focusing and more responsive

X-T1: Nicer optics and images

I like the looks of the X-T1 images so much, that I'll deal with the slower speed and handling.

Another thing that occurs to me, is that all of the pictures were shot in very low light at an average of ISO 6400. Perhaps that is why my focusing experience was less than optimal.

I have to wonder if the Fuji is really all that much slower... maybe it's worth doing some kind of more controlled test with the two. I do seem to remember that the Fuji got pretty high marks for AF in the ratings here. 
As for the tendency of the Fuji to make skin tones a little too smooth.... I have to wonder how images from this camera look for other kinds of things. If it's just an issue with how it deals with skin tones, there might be a pretty easy post processing trick to fix just that. Something that would be worth the hassle if everything else about the images are making you happy....

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow