Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried to buy local, no sale.
In reply to guido1953, 10 months ago

guido1953 wrote:

My local camera store only carries Cannon, Nikon, and Sony. They
sell these particular brands because they sell.

I have made it a habit to do my own technical research and not depend on the camera employees to be able to answer my detailed questions.

We lost one large full line store in my town due the economic conditions, online sellers, and the inventory carrying cost of stocking all of the camera lines.

I hope the OP can cut these sales people some slack and realize that if enough people do not buy local then all area photographers could end up without a camera store.

Regards,
Guido

Have not made my final decision yet.  They misinformed about a key feature (WiFi) resulting in me walking out the door without camera as I needed to figure out the correct issue (had some time constraints and didn't feel compelled or have the time to figure out and correct them).

Of course don't know the reason for the misinformation.  Was it just ignorance and they just didn't know?  Or did they not know and just make it up rather than admit they didn't know?  In either case a bad job at sales although would be more forgiving of the first reason. Tempted to go back to the store and share all this, that or just order my camera online and be done with it.

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow