Bait and switch

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Bait and switch
In reply to billythek, 6 months ago

What you got was an acknowledgment of receipt of the order, which is different from the email confirmation. In the email confirmation, they tell you that they have charged your card for a particular amount. Then, if they are quick about shipping, they also give you a shipping tracking number, or you get a separate email for that.

Was this your first online buying experience? Sorry it didn't work out for you, but the deal didn't happen. You are out no money and the product did not get charged or shipped. You should have gotten back to them sooner than a month when you didn't get the shipping notice. Every online supplier I've dealt with always sends an email saying my card has been charged for so-and-so, and then a shipping notice. If you don't know that, consider this part of the learning process.

I'm done here, but feel free to whine some more.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Normally 2 sides to every dispute. It's rare on forums to get the full true story from the 'injured' party. There is usually a 'slant' on the tale somewhere.

As this is a public forum I'd also be aware of the potential of legal action from an 'injured party' ie the online retailer if the retailer is named and the story as set out by the OP turns out to be untrue.

Posters on public forums using clearnet often seem to think they are immune to action for libel if they post that So & So (named) online retailer did this, said this etc and are a bunch of scamming con artists etc.

-- hide signature --

The degree of technical knowledge of the fanboi owner is inversely proportional to the size of his ego.

Jaberwok's gear list:Jaberwok's gear list
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX11 Samsung NX20 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow