Got an X-T1 and 23mm f/1.4 today. My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
eye specs
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Why would I want the birthday girl underexposed?
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 5 months ago

I think we all know that when a photo is posted that there are two possible paradigms for a comment: either regarding it as an invitation for constructive criticism, or as an invitation to enjoy the moment with the photographer. Perhaps the conflict arises when the commentator offers one type of commentary, when the other was hoped for by the photographer. Simple as that? No. I find I make a judgement on which is hoped for based on the extent of artistic cues in the shot. Perhaps this is made even harder when the photographer is not accuratley aware of the type of comments saught. From these candid shots I personally received a lot of pleasure. I myself did not sense an invitation to be analytic. Rather an invitation to share in a very memorable and positive experience. I was able to do that becuase the crucial 'moment' or 'idea' was very well captured - everyone just seemed to be enlarged by the presence of each and every other person in the room. A sense of pleasure and harmony was communicated to me. It actually made me think: 'when I am with family and friends I want our experience to be as positive and healthy as these people'. So for me, the photographer was very successful. Had I felt invited to be analytic there is always the possibility of a quibble or even a strongly felt artistic divergence of view. Thanks for sharing eyespecs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow