Tried to buy local, no sale.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 385Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried to buy local, no sale.
In reply to SkiHound, 6 months ago

SkiHound wrote:

I've had a pretty similar experience with our local store. It is part of a regional chain with 5-6 stores, but it is a local store and I'd kind of like to support it. I'm sure they're much more knowledgeable about Canon and Nikon but they don't seem very interested in m43 and generally don't have much in stock. When I bought my E-M5 it wasn't widely available and I had the sales folks at the local store put me on their list. I never have heard from them. They just haven't really given me any good reason to purchase much stuff there. They don't have stuff in stock to get my hands on to try. They're not knowledgeable or much interested in Olympus and Panasonic m43 equipment, etc.

Actually, think this was somewhat the case here.  Store was a local chain (two stores) and carry lots of Canon and Nikon and suspect would have gotten better info about those cameras Although conversations I have heard between the sales folks and customers that  we're not knowledgable we're also disappointing.  Saying what was needed to get a sale for a product they were biased toward.

Am sure they would say the reason for not putting effort into Oly is that they don't sell many but the obvious comeback is they don't sell many because they don't put the effort into it. The Canikon bias is solidly entrenched.

They only had one EM1 in stock, floor model. Should go back and see if I could get a discount.

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow