Dropped D5200 - what internal damage might have occurred?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lenina
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Dropped D5200 - what internal damage might have occurred?
5 months ago

my daughter dropped her brand new D5200 (with 18-55 kit lens), denting the rim of the Hoya uv filter and scratching the screen just outside the image area. there is also a very small chip to the edge of the screen. it was dropped from just above waist height, on to a pavement or other hard surface going by the damage to the filter, with the filter hitting the ground first. there appears to be no other external damage, or to the lens, and it seems to be working ok, though i havent yet had a chance to examine images in detail. i'm not sure how helpful it would be to make comparisons with pre-impact shots anyway as she only took a few and i'm not familiar with this camera. my concern is that some internal damage to either the lens or the camera may have occurred, eg affecting image quality or operation of the camera possibly leading to premature failure - how can i find out? are there any obvious tests i can do, or should i send it off to be checked? is there any particularly vulnerable part of the camera or lens i can check easily?
considering the damage to the filter, i'm surprised its still working at all.
thanks - any advice gratefully received.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow