Tried to buy local, no sale.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,049Gear list
Like?
That's a brutal story, OP
In reply to TrapperJohn, 5 months ago

Two thumbs up for the camera department at my local London Drugs (western Canada chain store) in Chilliwack BC. City population is about 80,000.

Service and product knowledge is great — and if they don't know key details, they call it up on their iPads. They don't usually stock high-end gear but often have it in their centralized warehouse and can get it in-store on preorder within a few days.

As well: their pricing is either the best I can find already, or they will price match against Canadian competitors… and come part way toward U.S. vendors. When I bought my Sigma 60 and Bower/Samyang fisheye, they had THE best price in the world. The next week, B&H dropped their fisheye price and London Drugs came half way to match it. Days later, B&H put their price back up.

U.S. buyers who are visiting Canada should consider London Drugs, as your dollars may go father than at home, with the current 10¢ on the dollar differential.

-- hide signature --

Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow