Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtmike
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Can Eclipse solution go bad?
7 months ago

I have a bottle of Eclipse that I've used in the past--most recently about a year ago.  It is probably 3 years old now. Yesterday, I did 3 wet cleans of my D800e sensor and i continue to get spots. After the initial cleaning passes, with 3 drops on the Sensor swab, I could see beads of solution on the sensor.  Neverthe less, I allowed it to dry and tested it--lots of blobs on the resulting photo.  I repeated the wet clean with only 2 drops on a different Sensor swab--smaller blobs on the photo but still numerous.  I repeated it a 3rd time with one drop of solution and the result is below (assuming I know how to upload an image).  I'm wondering if all the ethanol has evaporated out of the solution.  I have successfully done wet cleanings in the past so I hope it's not my technique. thanks

I do intend to buy a new bottle of Eclipse but was wondering about it's shelf life.

Again, thanks for any response. Mike

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow