Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Skytalker
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to BackInTheGame, 7 months ago

BackInTheGame wrote:

Altin wrote:

I'm ready to buy an FX camera ... i am for D800E. All my friends photographer say to get Canon 5D Mark 3.

What happen !! Why 8 photographers in 10 have a Canon 5D Mark 3 !!?

Any one have some think to say about this ?

Thank you,

If you want the best image, nothing can match a D800E. This is pretty much a universal fact based opinion among testers and experts as far as I can tell. If you can't handle the files you need a new computer more than you need a camera. If you need more than 4 frames per second, you are playing with it.

DXOmark has a method for testing that most people accept as valid. It is worth noting that every third party lens rates higher on a D800E than on any Canon. Also, the old Nikon 24-70 rates considerably higher on a D800E than does the brand spanking new Canon 24-70 on a 5DIII. And every expert believes that the Canon 24-70 is superior to the Nikon 24-70. So basically, Canon's cameras are degrading their lenses.

This stuff isn't hard to figure out unless you are wearing blinders and listening to people on forums (perhaps even me). Do some research.

-- hide signature --

Roy

I am not sure your interpretation of DXOmark data is correct in terms of no camera can match the D800E. Just a brief example, the D800E is outperformed at the well praised DR by the Canon 5Dmk3 starting with ISO800 if you rely on the data provided by DXOmark:

Dynamic Range D800E vs Canon5D Mark III source DXOMarlk

And then the D4 is another camera that outperforms the D800 E in pretty much the same conditions after ISO200 ...

To say nothing can match the D800E in terms of image quality I am afraid is not correct.

Dynamic Range D800# vs D4 source DXOMark

Skytalker's gear list:Skytalker's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow