Bait and switch

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
gazis
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: i.e., Amazon and recent X-S1 orders
In reply to Lightpath48, 10 months ago

Lightpath48 wrote:

You describe but one of a number of "bait and switch" scenarios. Over on the Fujifilm Finepix forum we've had a number of recent posts about Amazon's fulfillment centers selling obviously used X-S1 cameras as "new". Evidence such as broken inner packaging seals, time & date being set, batteries being charged, and in some cases, older serial numbers have been disappointing to some. In light of all of the returning of cameras after "testing" being spoken of by consumers who post here on dpreview, such consequent behavior on the part of retailers is understandable, but still not ethical in my opinion. Those units should be sold as "open box", or "like new, used".

It is understandable that such retailer behaviour may happen; it is a part of life after all.

For my part, I stand that consumers should share their experiences with retailers, to build a preference of retailers based not only on personal information, but also on commonly shared one. That is not to say that the preference will be mostly set by commonly shared information, only that such information is made available for the consumer's consideration.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow