New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Bait and switch
In reply to billythek, 8 months ago

billythek wrote:

gazis wrote:

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

The question you didn't answer was, did you check with your card company as to why they declined the charge?
--
- Bill

Hi Bill,

I did; there was no record of a charge attempted from Adorama, let alone a declined one. The balance of the credit card was sufficient at the time I issued the order and thereafter. So it seems there was not even an attempt to carry out the order from the retailer side.

Cheers,

Vangelis

Well, you had a different experience than I have had in many transactions with Adorama.

You are out no money. They didn't take your money and ship you the wrong product. The deal just didn't happen.

And we have just your side of the story as to what happened.

Not really; the email thread I made available through a public URL also includes the story from the side of Adorama as well.

Yes, they said your credit card declined the charge, and they tried to contact you about it, but you didn't respond. We have just your word that didn't happen that way.

They claimed trying to contact me, but there was no email in my inbox to stand as evidence to this. But let's assume, for a moment, that they actually did send an email which was received in my email inbox correctly. Is it reasonable to assume I would have been motivated to ignore such an email, had I received one? Given that I am the one who issued the order for the item in the first place?

When I buy something online, I check to see how things are going. First, I expect to see an email saying the order went through. Second, I expect to see a shipping notice with at tracking number. Then I go check out the tracking number at the shipper to watch the progress. Once I see that the shipper has picked up the box, I'm fairly confident that the deal went through. There have been a few times that a shipper (not Adorama) was slow to ship, so I had to send a follow-up email.

In general, I also keep a check on my orders. Perhaps you didn't notice on the email transcript PDF that I make available in , the instructions from Adorama read:

"Thank you for shopping at Adorama. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible. We’ll email you when we ship it. For now, please review this order confirmation. If something looks wrong please contact us.

If you contact us about this order, please include the order number. If we have any issues with your order, we will contact you to let you know. We'll email you right before we ship your order to let you know it's coming."

This is a specific instruction from Adorama, as part of their order confirmation, to expect an email from Adorama prior to shipment and also in case there is a problem. There is no instruction to take any action proactively, other than to check if all looks good on the order summary.

Looks like you didn't do any of that, and didn't even check up on them for a month. Well, from my point of view, you are at least partially to blame for not staying on top of the deal. And, frankly, I'm inclined to believe their side of the story.

Regarding your first check, I got the email confirmation, so I am guessing your statement that I didn't do any of that is incorrect, as I did carry out the first check.

Regarding your second check, I did not get a shipping notice with a tracking number by Adorama, so I could not have checked the shipping status. And their instructions read "We'll ship your order after we process it. If we have any issues, we'll contact you by email". Hence, no email contact means no issues with the order. I did check late on them, but this is something that can happen with any customer, especially when one travels frequently on business.

So, which part exactly of the instructions given to me by Adorama did I not fulfil, for the blame you account on my part to be justified?

I've never had problems with Adorama, and I've purchased many items from them. Of course, if you don't like them, you have every right to choose someone else to do business with.

Of course; I am only sharing my experience here.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow