Canon's ILC strategy: The G1 X Mark II doesn't have a mirror.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
frameman
Contributing MemberPosts: 901
Like?
Re: Canon's ILC strategy: The G1 X Mark II doesn't have a mirror.
In reply to howardroark, 7 months ago

I'm not about to break down your reply in the style that you have so eloquently done, but I believe that many systems hold back products today so that they have reason to exploit profit at a later date. There is no way that Canon, or any other maker, will destroy one system by introducing another. Companies such as Canon, Nikon and Sony know their cutomers well enough to milk them. Their DSLR ranges, and accessories, are their cash cow, not the 1Dx or their cheap compacts. The G1X v1 is probably very close to the cost price. As for the value of money, then to now, that is consistent for all things.

Pay to play, absolutely. Doesn't that depend on what one wants to play at and how much one is prepared to pay. Over the years our objectives change, as does our wants and phyisical ability. When it comes to just what a maker can put into a camera and at what cost, well I don't think it is to do with cost. I think it is what they can get away with to make it available in the next version of said camera. To make the next version more attractive. An example :- the Canon 50D had micro focus adjustment, the 60D did not. The software was already available and sorted but not implemented. The 70D has more than the 50 or 60D within it's software but the initail selling price was not that much greater, and a street price will prevail, no doubt. In the end it is all about price and what they can get away with.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow