99% of people posting here and reading this forum are not professional photographers...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
99% of people posting here and reading this forum are not professional photographers...
10 months ago

but rather enthusiasts who love photo gear, love to discuss it, shoot with it and occasionally share the results.

Most of us are not pros. Most of us have other jobs and we have families, cats, dogs etc. that we love to shoot. Why I'm saying it? Because recently some posters tend to argue and talk "like" pros and give "the only true" advices to others. I'm, just saying be polite, open minded and don't fixate on one side too much. I know composition, color and etc. are important, but that doesn't mean every time you have to act like snob and remind us that "true" photography is film, or manual focusing only, or made with prime lenses only, or EVF is "must" for "real photographer" or any other similar crap. We all are different. All I'm saying is that this forum is still gear driven and it's not necessarily a bad thing. Just remember that it's not a must to go out and shoot something, maybe I want to fiddle with my camera in armchair and that's all I want? Maybe I like pixel peeping of charts or my pic of my cat? Why is there always someone who would tell us to stop pixel-peeping and go out and take pictures? I think we all know what works best for each. Just remember that everyone is different and same rules don't apply here.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow