Using Fuji's as a 2nd camera - I just don't get it?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,920
Like?
Using Fuji's as a 2nd camera - I just don't get it?
8 months ago

Over the past couple of years mirrorless cameras have made significant progress and particularly FujI who unlike others appear to listen to the consumer.

The latest generation of Fuji's appear to be good enough with the right lenses and for say travel, street and landscape  photography that in most instances will give FF a run for their money?

Now many photographers are talking about using EM1's and Fuji's for their second camera.

Now for me the gap in performance (slightly faster AF/ better ISO at over 1600) is not significant enough to warrant having 2 or more systems.

Given this scenario

You are going a to Venice for a few days in summer and you have the XT1 18-55 and 55-200, but you also have a Nikon D610 and a 24-70 and 70-200.  If this was the case which one would you take and why?

For me this is why I don't have 2 systems, it would be a massive dilema but I would probably take the D610 just to know I can squeeze the very maximum our of the images despite the massive weight!!!

Deciding which system to take would send me crazy!

How about you?

Ian

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D610 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow