Got an X-T1 and 23mm f/1.4 today. My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ZTJ
ZTJ
Regular MemberPosts: 101Gear list
Like?
Re: Got an X-T1 and 23mm f/1.4 today. My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 10 months ago

I had a similar impression of the 18-55mm lens on my first Fuji X camera. Then later I realized I was being stupid and using it wrong. The trick is, keep your focus area size slightly larger than the thing you're trying to focus on.

The 23mm f/1.4 is absolutely not slow to focus. I'm pretty sure the only faster lens is the 14mm f2.8 and they both use the same focus motor anyway.

It is noisy though, and if you are going to just focus without ever pushing the damn shutter button and actually exposing the shot, you might get the wrong idea that it's slow since it will rack to double check focus in many situations when it's already focused.

Just point that camera and mash the shutter and watch magic happen in 1/10th of a second

ZTJ's gear list:ZTJ's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow