ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,547Gear list
Like?
The saga continues.....(UPDATED!)
2 months ago

If you have been following my previous GM1 thread, I thought I would add a new wrinkle...

Since several posters had suggested I try the camera again in sunlight before giving up and returning it, I figured I probably should give it a second chance. Today the weather was cooperative, with bright blue sunny skies (and a few fair weather clouds), and temperatures over 50 degrees. I didn't even need gloves, for the first time in over two months!

So, I headed for my favorite urban locale, to shoot my usual suspects. Brick walls, painted, unpainted, and peeling, and lots of interesting detail are great for testing camera capabilities (especially if they are what you shoot a lot of anyway).

Verdict from today: Yes I could see the LCD in the daylight today. The snowpack conditions I took it out in last week which blotted out the LCD have abated a bit, and I was, indeed, able to use the LCD in bright, sunny conditions with no problem. No, it's not an EVF, but it was not at all impossible.

So, what did the images look like? Well, they are REALLY good. This is quite a good camera in terms of IQ. The kit lens is also a huge step up from their previous ones (I think it's on a par with the 14-45mm, but has better color rendition). It does have some barrel distortion at 12mm, but that's fixable in PP, (my copy may also have a soft corner, which I have to check out further.) I was quite pleased by the results today from it, overall.

I even had a couple of drunks ask if I would take their picture today as I was walking by the steps they were sitting on. (I said sure, but then they reconsidered...it was pretty funny.) I guess a cute little orange camera is really not particularly threatening .

Anyway, here are a few from my outing today.

And, yes, it's official, I am going to keep the camera.

-J

Spring thaw....

Smile

There are two of these on a set of doors on one of the storefront entries. Quite a carving.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow